Studying at TAFE SWSi
Welcome to TAFE SWSi!
In addition to our industry standard teaching facilities, specialist centres, wide variety of courses, flexible study options and convenient study locations, we offer a range of student services and personalised support to help you throughout your studies.
On this page you can find all the information you need to access these services.
If you still have any questions;
- check out our detailed Student Guide
- speak to your teacher
- visit a customer service office located at your college.
Quick links to help get what you need fast:
- To help you find your way around, head to our college pages for contact and address details, maps, college facilities and services, as well as transport information.
- Our Student Guide can help you understand both your rights and responsibilities as a student of the wider TAFE SWSi community.
- Each TAFE SWSi college has a library run by qualified staff with the textbooks, audio-visual and e-Resources you need for your course, as well as computers, printers and quiet study spaces for individual or group work. Visit our library section for more details.
- Your TAFE SWSi college offers a variety of student services to support you while you study.
Our student services include:
|Getting your student card
||As a student enrolling in a TAFE SWSi course you will be given a TAFEcard. This contains your name, student number and photograph and is used for identification. It is also a stored value card, so you can use it for a variety of services such as photocopying and parking.
|Recognition of prior learning
||If you’ve got the skills and experience then get the recognition! The skills and experience you have can be recognised and used towards achieving your qualification, so you can fast-track your studies. Click here to see how recognition of prior learning (RPL) works. You can also submit your RPL evidence using our online eRecognition tool.
||We all know times can get a bit tough but that shouldn’t stop you getting an education or chasing your career goals. Check out our financial assistance page.
||Did you know TAFE SWSi now offers higher education? Find out what degrees and higher education programs we offer.
|What you can study
||TAFE SWSi offers a variety of courses to help you meet your career and study goals. Visit our ‘What you can study’ page or flip through our Career and Study Guide.
||Is a short course more your style? If you want to add to your skills or your job requires you to meet licensing requirements, TAFE SWSi has a short course to meet your needs.
TAFE SWSi is open and operates 48 weeks of the year. Many of our programs are offered throughout the year with different start and finish dates to suit the needs of our customers. Please visit our course search
to view a full list of our programs and when they start, or call 13 SWSi (13 7974) for more information.