The Bachelor of Business will provide you with the business skills to work in any industry, and to take the lead in the global marketplace.
Real world skills
This industry aligned program means your education is always ‘real-world’ and up to date. All learning is focused on the business environment, and you will have direct contact with practicing industry professionals.
Focus your study to meet your career needs through the following broad knowledge areas:
- accounting and finance
- management, people and organisations
You will gain the knowledge you need for all aspects of business operations, and develop interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills to work in Australia or around the world. To succeed in business, you must harness your energy and possess both the knowledge and know-how to create opportunities. Whether you wish to start your own business or pursue a corporate role in a global enterprise, this degree program provides the necessary skills to allow for adaptability, expertise and innovation.
- Experience in the workplace. You’ll have direct contact with practicing professionals and will complete an internship or professional practice.
- A multidisciplinary approach. You’ll gain practical skills with a strong theoretical basis. You can reflect on your practical experiences as you learn.
- A supportive learning environment. You’ll learn in small classes and enjoy face-to-face teaching from experienced, qualified teachers. TAFE NSW understands the learning needs of its students and has developed its teaching style accordingly.
- An industry focus. This will allow you to work as a business professional across a range of enterprises and industries. This degree will provide students with the knowledge, competencies and values necessary to develop critical, analytical and evaluative skills essential for a fulfilling and effective career.
TAFE NSW’s Bachelor of Business will develop graduates with a generic body of knowledge to support professional business practice. Students will develop skills in using business and online technologies, commercial research methodologies, critical analysis and conceptual thinking, creative reasoning and problem solving.
Applicants are required to hold, at minimum, one of the following to be considered eligible for admission:
- a NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent including study or mathematics*;
- a recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate;
- a qualification from a Registered Training Organisation at Certificate IV level or above;
- the completion of at least one year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution.
* If you have not completed mathematics as part of your HSC you can still apply for entry into this course but may be required to undertake a Maths bridging program prior to enrolment.
Additional Admission Requirements:
In addition to the minimum eligibility requirements the following specific entry requirements apply to entry to this program. All applicants are required to:
- submit a 500 word essay regarding the applicant's motivation to work in a business role, and
- attend an interview.
If you do not meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this course, you may be able to apply for entry into this course based on mature age or disadvantage. Talk to admissions staff at the campus you wish to study at if you wish to apply for special admission.
In addition to proof of eligibility and course specific entry requirements, international student applicants whose first language is not English or who have not completed their secondary education in English or who have not completed an Australian educational qualification must demonstrate English proficiency at a minimum IELTS level of 6.5, with a minimum level of 6 in any one band.
DISCLAIMER: While every effort is made to ensure the information contained on this page is correct it may be subject to change. TAFE SWSi courses are offered subject to sufficient demand and availability of resources. TAFE SWSi reserves the right to vary any matter described in this web site at any time without notice.