Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process for giving employees credit for skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning.
Participants may be granted credit towards part or all of a nationally recognised course and recognition can be given for up to 100% of a TAFE NSW qualification, course or group of units.
Our trainers and assessors can discuss the recognition process and the types of evidence required.
Recognition can shorten and streamline the training process and encourages employees to undertake further training.
Credit may be available for:
- previous study, including courses at school or college
- education classes or training programs at work
- overseas qualifications
- paid or voluntary work experience
- life experience.
Our RPL service offers excellent benefits to you and your staff, such as:
- formal acknowledgement of your employees’ competencies
- staff development is focused on specific skill requirements
- reduction of the cost of training to your business - as your staff don’t have to be trained in things they already know
- employee confidence
- increased workplace productivity.
Recognition can be gained if you provide evidence to show that your study, work or life experience has helped you to learn the full range of skills and knowledge of a module or unit.
Our trainers and assessors can work with you to discuss the recognition process and the types of evidence required.
To find out more about RPL, you can visit our Skills Recognition
page or download our Recognition Information Kit